Lead the Risk Department, be in charge of building, organizing and implementing all aspects of the risk management function for the whole Validus Vietnam (VVN) and ensure risk management activities are implemented in a comprehensive and timely manner as well as provide initiative on the ongoing procedure leveraging with related departments such as sales, operation, technology, etc.
- Lead the team, develop action plans and manage the implementation of tools, policies and regulations related to risk management and compliance Responsible & oversee on hiring, training & development, retention, attrition & performing of the team member
- Assist the CEO in developing and implementing VVN’s business plan and related policies and processes.
- Manage the implementation of all aspects of the risk and compliance function, including:
- Processes, tools, and systems to identify, assess, and report risks for a rapidly growing portfolio of loans
- Development of credit administration, debt management and risk mitigation processes Management of compliance and regulatory assessments, ensuring industry standards are met and fraud control
- Evaluation of portfolio performance, design, test & launch loan products that are optimized for market in coordination with technology departments Ensure risk management framework are set as well as local regulatory and best local practices
- Build relationships with credit related third parties (credit agencies, government regulatory bodies, and associations)
- Evaluate key credit & business risks, and provide recommendations for credit and collections strategy
- Manage in-house credit evaluation function, underwriting, and collections
- Liaise and engage closely with country Core Team to drive and ensure the company strategy to be implemented
- Work consultatively with other BU Heads constantly seeking to improve efficiency, cost-management, and effectiveness.
Desired skills, attributes and qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field, MBF/MBA is an advantage
- 12-15 years of experience on credit risk management and approval position as well as on managing a team within a major financial institution
- Sound understanding on Vietnamese government & related authorities on the credit risk, having connection with the banks to have business in sight on the risk and compliance practices and policies
- Strong local practical experience and knowledge of social and economic situation, lending products, regulations, processes of SBV and related laws; understand the development trends in banking and finance. Vietnam citizens and Permanent Residents preferred.
- Skills: strong leadership, coaching, decision making, organizing, risk analyzing and identifying, presenting, open-mindset, integrity, collaborative and good interpersonal. Good in computer literacy and strong in MIS is an advantageous.