Announcing Validus $20M Series B Funding
Our Co-Founders (from left) Vikas Nahata, Ajit Raikar, Nikhilesh Goel
We’re pleased to share news of our Series B round led by FMO, AAA-rated Netherlands’ leading development bank, that raised over $20 million. This also marks FMO’s first direct Fintech investment in Asia, and further affirms our ambition to become a digital ‘bank-like’ fintech for underserved SMEs in the region.
We are grateful and humbled by the strong global interest, and the continued support from such reputed partners, including a number of repeat investors including Temasek Holding’s Vertex Ventures, who share our vision and goal of driving financial inclusion – to build better business communities in emerging markets and promote inclusive growth among the region’s SMEs.
Vikas Nahata (Validus Co-founder & Executive Chairman) at FMO’s Fintech For Inclusion Global Summit and signing ceremony
We’ve truly come a long way, from a tiny outfit of just three team members, four years ago. Our team has since expanded with over 50 members and counting. Today, we’ve grown to become the top P2P lending platform in Singapore, having disbursed over $180 million to growing business in Singapore.
We’re honored to be an active catalyst of sustainable growth for a myriad of SMEs, from F&B and Services to Engineering and Construction industries. Thank you to everyone at Validus, our partners and investors – your efforts and belief in our shared vision have pivoted Validus to where it is today.
With fresh funding, we’re looking to invest heavily in technology innovation, particularly around artificial intelligence and machine learning to help make business financing even more convenient and safe for SMEs. It will also fund our Southeast Asia expansion, starting with Indonesia in Q2 2019.
It’s an exciting journey ahead – we look forward to building on our partnerships and welcoming new partners in driving financial inclusion in the region!
Learn more about our Series B announcement and related news
- Validus Press Release – 25 Feb 2019
- Deal Street Asia: Validus raises S$20.5m in Series B funding led by Dutch bank FMO
- The Business Times: Validus raises S$20.5m in Series B funds, partners Triputra’s Rachmat family in Indonesia
- Lianhe Zaobao: Validus资本次轮融资筹集超过2000万元
- The Business Times: P2P lender Validus eyes Singapore banks as new partners
- Brink Asia: P2P Lending: Lessons from Asian Governments
- MONEYFM 89.3: P2P Lending Industry in Singapore
- Asia VC Cast: EP #36 Vikas Nahata from Validus Capital